Sep 11, 2010

Three Weeks into College - Update #1

[Photo: My makeshift desk in my bedroom. The books in the stack on the desk are my textbooks for this semester.]

I'm in college. I finally made it. Praise the Lord.

I have to be honest. I'm rather timid to write about college at the moment. I feel as if I'm smack dab in the middle of a game of dodgeball. It's rather exhilerating, but I spend most of my time trying to successfully navigate my way through the objects flying my direction, all the while apprehensively contemplating the probability of getting smacked good a hard. While I have college assignments to get turned in on time, I'm also involved in life at home, life not-at-home, teaching Speech, teaching Apologetics, and wondering if I'll ever get around to painting my room... probably not. My new comforter will have to sit in the corner for a little while longer.

As soon as I get a break from this game of dodgeball and can sit on the sidelines for a little bit, my perspective will most likely be a bit clearer. At this point, I'm just trying to stay in the game.

But! I did promise dear Shelby Bennett that I'd blog about bible college, so I'll do a more informational report at this point in time. I'm attending Eternity Bible College's Portland Extension Campus. I'm taking Intro to Discipleship Counseling and Bible Study Methods at the extension campus in Tigard, OR and Old Testament Survey through their distance learning program.

My professors are great. Geoff Leatherman is a really easy going professor who handles class in a casual but productive manner. Justin Peterson's authenticity is encouraging, and I can tell he truly desires for us to have a grounded understanding of the Scriptures. Chuck Bomar is the substitute professor for Mr. Leatherman and Mr. Justin, but I haven't seen him much. Scott Newman, my distance learning professor, has graciously allowed me to add his class two weeks late and has answered my abundance of questions. I can tell that they are all great men who are committed to God and the work of His ministry.

More to come... when I get a break from the dodgeball game. Right now, it's back to Exodus.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! Sounds like you have wonderful classes, thanks so much for taking a little time to fill me in. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete