May 25, 2011

"Pursue Your Calling, Not Your Potential."

I've found this incredibly convicting. I have a blarring habit of chasing potential without a clear understanding of my calling.

As with most things, there seem to be two ditches on eithe rside of the road. On one hand, a person can be complacent and lazy and not pursue any sort of distict calling. On the other hand, a person can think they know what their calling is but get wrapped up in and distracted by potential. We need to find the happy medium of understanding our calling, while being able to say, "That's not bad, but that's not me."

"The key is to be fruitful, not just busy."

"And you're doing 10 things poorly, instead of 2 things well."

2 comments:

  1. loved that video! so perfect for where I am in life right now... thanks lauren! :)

    ReplyDelete