Oct 1, 2010

Quirks

It wasn't long ago that I started wondering about my subtle (and some not so subtle) quirks. So, out of sheer curiosity, I decided to think about it for a while and make a list. Sarah offered her two cents at the end.

I...

- Can't stand/sit still when I'm on the phone.

- Hate sitting "properly" in a chair.

- Can't seem to talk without my hands moving.

- Use the word "basically" far to often.

- Try to use the word "inexorably" in sentences where it never fits.

- Chew gum to a beat.

- Giggle at circumstances of assumed or expected etiquette and protocol.

- Like Gregorian Chants.

- Could listen to online sermon podcasts/media all day long.

- Keep singing along with the music, even after Sarah turns it off mid-song.

- Am the quiet girl in class.

- Would eat steamed broccoli for breakfast.

- Don't wear shoes when I can get away with it.

- Hate scholarship applications and water chestnuts with an inexorable passion.

- "She's a wreck! But it's awesome!" - Sarah


I'm sure there are more, but we'll leave it at this for now.

6 comments:

  1. - Can't stand/sit still when I'm on the phone.
    - Can't seem to talk without my hands moving.
    - Giggle at circumstances of assumed or expected etiquette and protocol. (Why did this make me think of the "modeling workshop"?)
    - Like Gregorian Chants.
    - Don't wear shoes when I can get away with it.

    Amen, sista! :D

    (p.s. The word verification is "blessed.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lauren... You're a dear. I miss all that about you...inexorably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try that with the gum...that's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chew gum to a beat. sounds like a drummer to me... ;-)

    ReplyDelete