Jan 10, 2011

The Impromptu Sonnet of an Out-of-Practice Poet

This came together in about fifteen minutes, top to bottom, no edits. It breaks the rules of Iambic Pentameter a couple of times, but I decided not to care.   

More Than Just Life

Such dread of things still far and yet still near
To look ahead and see a stretch of time
Seemingly routine and void of care
Yet filled with grace and love's carressing rhyme

Many people simply call it "life".
Uncomfortably, I cringe at such remark
Though always God's unfailing love in sight
Anticipate the day so bleek and dark

Endurance still preserved, I dare not lack
Forward still I move, though passion wanes
The end in sight, by custom there and back
To think of more, some may deem me insane

Yet more, I think, a person's life could be
Still further purpose actions could achieve

No comments:

Post a Comment