Jan 22, 2011

Of the End of Speech Classes

Today marks the victorious finale of another round of speech classes. Rather bittersweet. It was time to finish up, but I will miss the students very much. Some might say we laughed to much. In the words of one mother, "It was lots of fun, but challenging at the same time." That was my hope, and hearing it come from a parent was a huge blessing. I felt the same way.

After twelve classes covering platforms, interps, introductions, announcements, testimonies, devotionals, impromptu, "Messages in your Pocket", Scripture reading, and more, I can definitely say that I'm proud of my students. The twenty-two of them were met with an aggressive syllabus and they attacked it with vigilance. I definitely saw marked improvement.

My students have done a wonderful job of making it an adventure to be a teacher. I laughed hard, teared up, got goose bumps, and smiled a lot. They gave me a life in the midst of being busy and kept me sane in the midst of college. And they weren't just students. They were friends. I am really going to miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment